Save Mart Supermarkets
1800 Standiford Avenue Modesto, CA 95350
Troyce Metcalf | Corporate Recruiting CoordinatorPhone:
(209) 577-1600Email: Apply@savemart.com
The Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing provides direction and leadership for centralized sourcing of capital, supplies, equipment and software across departments to ensure the Company acquires goods and services at the best total value. This role provides overall strategic direction and leadership to sourcing managers to ensure smooth procurement. The position designs monitors and tracks the Key Performance Indicators associated with procurement to ensure the most cost and time effective procurement practices and coordinates with heads of other business units. The position is also responsible for all strategic aspects of sourcing with new and existing supply partners with the goal of securing low cost, sustaining continuous improvement in cost reductions, as well as seeking improvements in quality, service and delivery improvements. The position will drive program savings, identify new opportunities to increase spend under management and resolve supplier contractual issues all within the assigned categories.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Provide overall strategic direction and leadership to sourcing managers to ensure smooth procurement programs, achieving the best product/service at the best value
* Ensure fact based analysis and market intelligence
* Overall design, monitoring, and tracking of Key Performance Indicators associated with procurement to ensure most cost and time effective procurement practices
* Collaborate with heads of other Business Units to ensure strategic sourcing in line with strategic objectives
* Lead and facilitate third party negotiations with key vendors
* Accountable for results within areas of responsibility to include, developing financial and data analysis, negotiation strategies, and sourcing decisions to gain competitive advantage
* Anticipate trends and assess impact on supply and pricing; establish processes and procedures to efficiently track and optimize vendor deals
* Perform other duties as assigned
Location: Modesto, CA
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Extensive knowledge in procurement/ sourcing with proven delivery of results; effective negotiator; ability to manage and develop a team
* Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
* Strong analytical skills; ability to approach problems by using logical, systematic, and sequential method; manage with facts
* Detail oriented/ execution-driven; ability to focus personal efforts on achieving results consistent with department objectives; able to ensure that one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate and can follow up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled successfully
* Ability to hold self and others accountable; comfortable and effective in managing conflict resolution
Education: Four-year college degree or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience
Experience: Three years of directly related experience
Other: Basic travel
Physical: Basic office environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects
* Business Acumen (600)
* Business Results
* Leading People
* Project Management
* Relationship Management
* Negotiation Skills
* Analytical Skills
* Aptitude for Technology
We are looking for food enthusiasts passionate about practical yet innovative solutions to support our California rooted organization. Historically, Save Mart has been recognized for innovating new standards in the grocery business in addition to always taking the extra step to make service a daily principle. Today, we continue many traditions that elevate our brand, engage our communities but most importantly, take care of our customers and employees. We love what we do and invite you to join our efforts as we bring fresh products and extraordinary service to the communities in which we serve.
The Save Mart Companies is a privately held food chain headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation – the San Joaquin Valley. The Modesto community is vibrant with great traditions, educational opportunities and multi-cultural lifestyles. Aside from mild weather year-round, Modesto allows for easy access to many major tourist attractions in California. To the west lies the San Francisco Bay Area (90-miles) and the Santa Cruz Beach (115-miles). To the east is the famed Gold Country “Mother Lode” (50-miles) and a little farther you can find the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range, Lake Tahoe (180-miles) and Yosemite National Park (110-miles).
Save Mart operates stores throughout the Central Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, and Northern Nevada under the names of Save Mart, S-Mart Foods, Lucky, and FoodMaxx. Save Mart also owns three distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of Save Mart's stores.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K with matching), flexible schedule options, Foodie Friday events (great eats and games!) throughout the year, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
How to Apply
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHJveWNlLm1ldGNhbGYuOTgwMTYuOTAxNUBzYXZlbWFydC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20