Our growing Food Processing client is PARTNERING with STAFFING PARTNERS in their search for an experienced R&D Product Development Manager for this EXCELLENT DIRECT HIRE CAREER OPPORTUNITY! The R&D Product Development Manager leads, and coordinates the technical activities of the product improvement, innovation and new product development in support of policies, goals, and business objectives. This position works closely with both sales and operations in coordinating the development and commercialization of products for our end users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Manage various projects to develop new specialty formulations, applications, and bench top samples for sales and customer evaluation within agreed upon time frame. Responsibilities extend to defining and managing the project review process.
2) Establish and implement Research and Development (R&D) strategies around ingredient technologies and pipeline of innovative new food products.
3) Manage a dynamic project portfolio related to specialty food products.
4) Plan and ensure documentation of plant trials for the successful commercialization of new products in a production environment.
5) Identify and test new tools, technologies, processes, or ingredients to improve products or manufacturing capabilities.
6) Know current USDA, FDA, FNS regulations as they relate to the food processing industry.
7) Establish knowledgeable contacts with expertise in USDA, FDA and FNS regulations.
8) Develop products and processes with a defined HACCP program.
9) Familiarity with Stage Gate Process in product development and the ability to manage the process.
10) Manage the development process to ensure documentation and traceability of work in files and lab notebooks.
11) Ensure all projects are repeatable both in the lab and on the production floor.
12) Understand the needs of the customer and their specific market segments.
13) Coordinate and participate in key customer product presentations.
14) Participate in interactions with Sales Associates and Customer to provide appropriate product information; network with sales and broker representatives to understand issues and opportunities.
15) Provide technical support and to direct reports, customers, and other departments as needed.
16) Keep current on new ingredients, processes and equipment through trade journals, professional meetings, food shows and meetings with technical representative.
17) Support philosophy of encouraging all members of the organization to participate in generating new product ideas, continuous product and process improvement.
18) Work with purchasing and support the sourcing, evaluation of new suppliers to determine the best and most cost effective ingredients.
19) Ensure accurate technical and process specifications are completed as projects move toward commercialization.
20) Communicate with Sales, Customers, Operations, and Quality Assurance directly regarding project activities, design, specifications, and manufacturing issues.
21) Prepare and present technical presentations at customer visits and industry conferences.
22) Manage R&D lab budget, track key performance indicators (KPIs), coordinate customer projects and support business objectives and strategies to drive growth.
23) Spend 30-50% of time in the innovation lab working on projects that drive company competitive edge, costing and business objectives.
24) Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws for all direct reports. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work, coaching, appraising performance, and training, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position requires that employees work Monday through Friday, including some Saturdays and Sundays.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Selection Criteria
1) B.S. or M.S. in Food Science, Food Engineering or related field preferred or may consider equivalent experience.
2) Minimum 5 years of product development experience in the food manufacturing industry
3) Experience with specialty foods are preferred.
4) Preferred 3+ years of R&D.
5) Proven track record of successfully leading the work of others and working with cross functional team.
6) Mature, enthusiastic, motivated team member.
7) Effective written and oral communication skills. Must be PC literate; able to support development of effective processes and systems to manage departmental objectives.
8) Excellent work ethic with proven ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
9) Creative problem solving skills and an orientation towards innovation.
10) Profit oriented.
PLEASE ONLY RESPOND TO THIS POSITION IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR RESUME REFLECTS THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE.
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE “HOW TO APPLY” BELOW!
How to Apply
RATHER THAN APPLYING THROUGH THE WEBSITE, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME as a WORD DOC ATTACHMENT DIRECTLY TO Trish Miceli:
Also, please email your resume specifically as a WORD DOC ATTACHMENT as it is necessary to receive, read and save it in this format. Applying through the website may convert it to a PDF or an UNREADABLE format, and CAN ALSO CAUSE DELAYS IN PURSUING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU!!
Please make sure your resume reflects your contact information to INCLUDE City and State.
We will contact you if you are qualified for this position or any other positions that become available.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR RESUME TO OUR AGENCY PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE DIRECTLY. THERE IS NO NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR THIS POSTING.
NOTE: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency in the City of Modesto, serving a wide variety of industries and clients in the Central Valley and Northern California Regions offering Direct Hire, Temp to Hire and Temporary placement.
Together, we offer over 41 years of experience in the Staffing Industry and the expertise to assist you.
We have a passion for this business and are interested in maintaining our excellent reputation in the staffing industry. It is our goal in....
"finding people just the right jobs, finding employers just the right candidates and making sure it’s just the right fit."
Let us Partner with you for your Staffing needs!
~ STAFFING PARTNERS is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~