Our growing Food Processing client is PARTNERING with STAFFING PARTNERS in search of an experienced Production Purchasing Agent for this IMMEDIATE DIRECT HIRE CAREER OPPORTUNITY! This person works closely with production scheduling to ensure that raw ingredients, packaging and the components that go into the manufacturing of the products are here on time, at the lowest cost while meeting the high quality standards expected. This position works closely with logistics, sales and operations in coordinating and meeting company goals.
• Responsible for purchasing all ingredients and commodities including outsourced or subcontracted services and/or sub-assemblies
• Responsible for maintaining an awareness of commodity price and availability risk, alerting management and developing sourcing strategies to reduce-moderate such risk
• Responsible for creating RFQ’s for ingredients and commodities; negotiate purchasing contracts with vendors to obtain best prices, quality and service
• Maintain an awareness of product supply OGSMs to ensure purchasing strategies are aligned
• Coordinate graphic designs, promotional and copy changes for packaging materials
• Direct and assist Direct Reports for the achievement of both business and personal goals
• Establish standards of performance for suppliers that are consistent with specifications and business objectives to include EPQs, safety stocks, on-time performance, and quality and cost improvement.
• Direct 30-60-90 quality improvement programs with suppliers
• In conjunction with other procurement personnel; establish Procurement Procedures and SOP’s for ingredients and sub-contracted services and/or items used in Company products
• Build and maintain Bill of Materials for all produced products.
• Communicate with R&D product development team to determine ingredient needs for both new and existing items. Be able to collaborate with suppliers to request ingredients that fit specific needs of each project.
• Provide information to Marketing, R&D, and Product Supply relative to changes in lead times for color separations/engravings and packaging to ensure optimal availability and service.
• Provide oversight for all acquisitions of all packaging materials.
• Review ingredient and commodity inventory levels on hand; identify any ingredient shortages and communicate these shortages to Production, Production Scheduler and Management
• Play integral role on inventory count team, ensuring ERP inventory counts are consistently accurate.
• Responsible for sourcing and selection, qualification and validation of vendors to ensure consistency, quality and uninterrupted supply. Address any performance and Quality issues that need to be addressed with QA and Production
• Work with QA team to ensure suppliers provide all required documentation to meet SQF and FSMA guidelines.
• Release and create Purchase Orders as needed. Forward to designated personnel—both internal and external. Is responsible for the accuracy of the cost on the PO’s before they are received into Company ERP system
• Process PO’s from various departments as needed.
• Uses ERP system reporting and best practices for accurate inventory planning and stocking levels
• Cross train as needed to back up other procurement personnel
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or other related discipline and/or 5 equivalent years of experience.
• Successful, multi-year (3+ years) Procurement/Supply Chain or related field track record within Food Manufacturing Industry
• A minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience with an impressive track record of accomplishments and continuous improvements in purchasing, preferably in commodity food ingredients, dairy, fresh and frozen fruits.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel.
• 5+ years’ of experience in packaging, purchasing, or printing
• 5+ years’ of experience in contract negotiation and management
• 1+ years’ in a leadership/management role
• Bilingual Spanish English preferred but not a must
MUST have experience as a Procurement Manager with Food Processing experience as described above.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING UNLESS YOUR RESUME REFLECTS THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE.
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE “HOW TO APPLY” BELOW!
How to Apply
RATHER THAN APPLYING THROUGH THE WEBSITE, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME as a WORD DOC ATTACHMENT DIRECTLY TO Trish Miceli:
Also, please email your resume specifically as a WORD DOC ATTACHMENT as it is necessary to receive, read and save it in this format. Applying through the website may convert it to a PDF or an UNREADABLE format, and CAN ALSO CAUSE DELAYS IN PURSUING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU!!
Please make sure your resume reflects your contact information to INCLUDE City and State.
We will contact you if you are qualified for this position or any other positions that become available.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR RESUME TO OUR AGENCY PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE DIRECTLY. THERE IS NO NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR THIS POSTING.
NOTE: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency in the City of Modesto, serving a wide variety of industries and clients in the Central Valley and Northern California Regions offering Direct Hire, Temp to Hire and Temporary placement.
Together, we offer over 41 years of experience in the Staffing Industry and the expertise to assist you.
We have a passion for this business and are interested in maintaining our excellent reputation in the staffing industry. It is our goal in....
"finding people just the right jobs, finding employers just the right candidates and making sure it’s just the right fit."
Let us Partner with you for your Staffing needs!
~ STAFFING PARTNERS is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~