Turning Point of Central California, Inc.
615 S. Atwood Street Visalia, CA 93277
Raquel Eredia | HR Administrative AssistantPhone:
(559) 732-8086 | Fax:
(844) 231-9749Email: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: Mental Health Professional (Bilingual) – Position #325
PROGRAM: Sequoia Youth Service
LOCATION: 516 North Kaweah Ave., Exeter CA 93221
HIRING MANAGER: Polo Ortiz, Program Director
ADDRESS: 516 North Kaweah Ave., Exeter CA 93221
PHONE: (559) 594-4969 – FAX: (844) 303-5247
REQUIREMENT: See attached job description - BILINGUAL PREFERRED
BASE PAY: Licensed: Class 160 ($2,420.10 – $3,184.68/semi-monthly)
Unlicensed: Class 140 ($1,983.38 – $2,609.99/semi-monthly)
5% differential is available for BILINGUAL skills.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
AVAILABLE: Immediately JOB SUMMARY
The Mental Health Professional reports to the Program Director and provides mental health clinical services to clients.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a caseload of clients.
2. Employees shall follow the reporting requirements for incidents of Child Abuse, Elder Abuse, Adult Abuse, Dependent Adult Abuse, and Tarasoff warnings per California reporting laws.
3. Document services to meet all clinical program and state requirements, including Short-Doyle/Medi-Cal requirements, noting significant intervention and progress toward development and attainment of a treatment plan.
4. Meet with clinical mental health services staff for the purpose of reviewing client progress and to assure quality treatment planning.
5. Give input on overall structure of treatment program.
6. Review client files at discharge for completion, making written notes of findings, and review findings with counseling staff for the purpose of quality assurance.
7. Attend and participate in staff meetings and on-site staff training.
8. Train interns/volunteers in program procedures, specific work assignments, and ethical obligations including client confidentiality.
9. Provide direct services in the clinic, to the court system, and in the community, including individual and group treatment, case management, and consultation.
10. Consult with and/or educate community groups, and other agencies.
11. Provide supervision of other staff as assigned.
12. Will drive on Agency business.
13. Will think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
14. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
15. Employees are expected to manage their cell phone use so that the Agency cell phone stipend covers all business usage. Any calls not covered by the stipend are to be made on a company landline phone.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Licensed preferred: Licensed in the State of California as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Child Therapist, or Clinical Psychologist, with at least two (2) years' post licensure experience.
2. Hours Completed: A Master's degree in behavioral science with a current intern registration (M.F.T. or L.C.S.W.) and hours completed.
3. Unlicensed: A Master's degree in behavioral science with current intern registration (M.F.T. or L.C.S.W.).
4. Must be registered with BBS.
5. Demonstrated skills in clinical mental health services with individuals, families, and groups.
6. Knowledge of mental illness and effective treatment approaches to mental disorders.
7. Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
8. Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
9. Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken Spanish preferred.
10. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
11. Ability to operate within Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
12. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
13. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
14. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
15. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
16. Must be available by cell phone as needed.
Disclaimers: Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including:
•Generous Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please apply online at: Click here