(Classified as ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST/SPECIALIST, EXEMPT I)
Full time position available on or after September 1, 2017 for Enrollment Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Enrollment Services, the position serves as the Admissions and Special Programs Analyst within the Enrollment Services Office. This position is responsible for policy and procedural development as it pertains to Student Admissions and Special Programs, as well as system set up for Special Sessions. The position provides leadership for the admission staff and ensures that all processes are moving forward in an efficient manner. This position is responsible for limited systems programming (PeopleSoft, CO Global Database, ERS database) including analysis, development and implementation of complex operations related to Student Admissions for stateside and non-stateside (University Extended Education) programs. The position supports the Enrollment Services CMS team with complex job submission, and represents the CMS team as appropriate. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Leads all functional and partial technical responsibilities involved in system implementation, integration with other systems, upgrade and maintenance as they pertain to Student Admissions and Reporting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: system set up, testing, conversion, development of processes, both in written and oral format, providing user documentation and training to unit and appropriate university staff. Collaborates and communicates with all other modules in HR/SA. Develops, maintains, and coordinates detailed project plans for Common Management System (CMS) Student Module. Identifies alternative strategies, methods, benefits, and costs for meeting objectives. Represents CSUS in CSU –wide meetings, conference calls, and conferences related to CMS, PeopleSoft, and Enrollment Services. Works with functional leads and technical staff to ensure project implementation/completion.
* Assess, formulate, and evaluate technical functionality of the student administration system for university admissions and CSU Admission Reporting. Conduct strategic and operational assessment of data set-up, cross field functionality, and recommend changes to manage computer applications in an efficient manner; monitor and review all technical processes and automated functions to ensure that data is processed correctly and desired results are achieved; independently conduct analysis from a strategic and operational perspective, initiating, analyzing, and implementing technological enhancements. Analyze current approaches for resolution of functional problems. Organize and plan projects and interpret complex policies, make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment, compile data and information for reports. Assess new programmatic and system requirements from external sources (i.e. Chancellor’s Office, Senate and/or Assembly) and determine the impact on PS functionality. Uses judgment in the development of procedures for student records, registration and reporting processes, taking into consideration existing limitations, policies and current procedures.
* Provide data as requested through query support: develop, test and validate query, validate reports in Data Warehouse with data extracted via query in PS, provide feedback to technical programmers in OIT so that changes can be made, ensure that data provided is accurate and reflects information in PS.
* Handle all phases of development and implementation of new programs initiated by either the Chancellor’s Office, or external agencies as required for compliance. This includes set up, implementation, and testing of the Early Start Program, Chancellor’s Office Global Database, Course Match Program, Graduation Initiative, and Not Anymore software. Initiate software changes/enhancements to programmer, troubleshoot malfunctions and research origination to ensure programming fix; ensure that all interfaces with other software do not compromise the security and/or integrity of the system or process; develop procedures to ensure maximum efficiencies within the developed processes, develop innovative solutions to meet University needs, develop on-line training in PeopleSoft for students and university constituents.
* Troubleshoot and handle all student record anomalies pertaining to admissions either native to PS, or as a result of downloading from Cal State Apply, investigate problems, test PeopleSoft, set up new rules to handle errors, ensure that the student record is accurate through record validation, including but not limited to system set up review, reconfiguration and/or modification initiation.
* Implement process and tracking for Title IX “Not Anymore” software. Ensure that data are accurately recorded and that appropriate service indicators are accurately placed. Monitor software reporting and report to Campus Compliance Officer.
* Implement processes for automating procedures in Admissions, Early Start and Course Match, SB 1440/AA-T and AS-T tracking, automation of Student Self-Service “to do” list, residency review and automation in coding, end to end testing with other normal processes within Admissions/Special Programs.
* Inquire and assess the feasibility of new functionality or modifications from other CSU’s within PS, and as appropriate, build and test changes in PS, including scenario set up in alternative databases, make recommendation for change/mod/upgrade to Associate Director and CMS Project Manager, set up in production, and ensure compatibility with fixes and/or upgrades (i.e. Prospect Admission Data Load, PS Work Center development, Communication Generation, automation of jobs).
* Serve as unit supervisor for the Admissions area. Oversight includes leadership and training for staff, review of area processes including, but not limited to, application processes, undergraduate, graduate, international and special session, residency determination, compliance with CSU initiatives, degree audit reconciliation, New Student Orientation preparation, and auto admit process.
* Oversee processes within admissions and ensure that appropriate training is provided, and documentation maintained that explanation to staff is clear and concise.
* Communicate new processes, initiatives, and plans for implementations; ensure that staff are kept abreast of timelines for admissions, records, and registration processes,
* Provide orientation and leadership for student assistants including information regarding FERPA, telephone etiquette, admission processes, and support to other Enrollment Service staff.
* Serve as scheduling back up for the Records Analyst, run matriculation and term activation as appropriate, serve as back up to the Post Enrollment Requisite Checking process, and all other duties required while serving as back up.
* Serve as a primary contact and maintain effective working relationship with other offices on campus including Institutional Research, Financial Aid, Financial Services, Academic Success Center, Testing Office, and the Credentials Office. Other duties or projects as assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 24, 2017
For questions, please contact: Ms. Gabriela Nuno (209) 664-6835
* A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training.
* Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
* Demonstrated experience with web based data applications; analyzing and implementing system application processes in an institution of higher education and PeopleSoft Administration System.
* Experience and knowledge in admissions, records, and registration in an institution of higher education.
* Knowledge and experience in data conversion, system validation, and software implementation.
* Knowledge and experience in working with Chancellor’s Office initiatives: Early Start Program, Course Match, SB 1440, Graduation Initiative, ERS Reporting, and other Chancellor’s Office requests.
* Knowledge and experience in writing queries using PS Query, Brio, Crystal and/or other report software.
* Ability to apply consultative skills and to assess user needs and provide appropriate support.
* Experience in data collection and analysis for reporting purposes.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field and a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods.
* Knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts.
* Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
* Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
* Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
* Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
* Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
* Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
* Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
* Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
* Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
SALARY RANGE: $3,897 - $6,453 per month plus excellent paid benefits. (Position will typically be hired at or near the entry salary.) The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
How to Apply