ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under the general direction of the Associate Director and day-to-day lead direction of the Admissions/Special Projects Analyst this position is responsible for processing the university admission application (Undergraduate, Graduate, Extended Education) including but not limited to retrieving from Cal State Apply, coding, posting to People Soft, and assigning communication to applicants. This position will also be responsible for the posting of electronic test scores, such as SAT, ACT, EAP, EPT and ELM. In addition to coordinating University application processing, the position is responsible for overseeing the entry of transcripts and test scores, and helping with the initial and final evaluation for admission to the University. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Post all application from Cal State Apply (Undergraduate, Graduate, International, and Extended Education) to People Soft, ensuring integrity of student records. Run reports on regular basis to determine what applications are complete and need to be forwarded to an admission evaluator.
* Coordinate all special applications, such as Advanced Placement Program, CSU Concurrent Enrollment and Visitor Programs, Early Start and Course Match, including processing registration and communication to respective department or CSU campuses based on type of application.
* Download test scores, including SAT, ACT, EAP, AP, EPT, ELM.
* Test and validate new processes regarding admission application in PeopleSoft assessing if any fixes are needed.
* Participate in Cal State Apply training and CMS conference calls/webinars as they pertain to admissions being knowledgeable of upcoming developments and making recommendations for adjusting and improving processing.
* Coordinate late applications, including but not limited to matriculating, term activating, withdrawing, and reinstating students, ensuring all requirements are being met including enrollment requirements, resolving issues as they occur.
* Make determinations of undergraduate admission eligibility for first time freshmen and transfer applicants from the local feeder colleges. Record eligibility information into PS, request letters for students, refer any ineligible students to Director/Associate Director, and all other work required to admit, deny or refer the undergraduate student applicant for further consideration.
* Follow up, via telephone, email, or in person, with student applicants, and provide and/or clarify admission eligibility information to students, parents, and/or high school counselors.
* Evaluate supplemental transcripts to determine a need for admission reconsideration or rescinding admissions, finalizing admission in PS.
* Post and articulate transfer and other external credit for degree audit purposes, coordinating with Articulation Officer to fill articulation gaps and find opportunities to improve efficiency.
* Monitor and assist with PeopleSoft data entry, ensuring a seamless workflow, help answer phones and serve as back up as needed to ensure deadlines are being met.
* Train and supervise student assistants.
* Assist with imaging, index, and retrieval, correcting any issues with batches as they arise.
* Provide support to students regarding the Early Start Program, including registration, fee waiver issues, and information on placement of summer and fall remedial coursework.
* Assist students registering at New Student Orientation. Performs other projects/duties as assigned.
* Several years of related office work experience.
* Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents.
* Knowledge of CSU eligibility requirements.
* Experience in higher education.
* Knowledge of techniques used in processing information.
* Ability to check complex records and detailed information for compliance with criteria.
* Ability to be thorough and accurate in comparing records.
* Ability to interpret and apply written regulations.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and evaluations.
* Ability to learn the evaluation process and how to review and check transcripts, records and documents for compliance with criteria using specific guides.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
* Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
* Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
* Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
* Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
* Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
* Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
* Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
* Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
* Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
How to Apply
SALARY RANGE: $2,846 - $4,711 per month plus excellent paid benefits. The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 17, 2018
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ? Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ? Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Gabriela Nuno (209) 664-6835
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
PURSUANT TO THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT, THE ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT (ASR), IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING AT HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/ANNUAL-CAMPUS-SECURITY-REPORT. THE ASR CONTAINS THE CURRENT SECURITY AND SAFETY-RELATED POLICY STATEMENTS, EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND EVACUATION INFORMATION, CRIME PREVENTION AND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INFORMATION, AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL PREVENTION PROGRAMMING. THE ASR ALSO CONTAINS STATISTICS OF CLERY ACT CRIMES FOR STANISLAUS STATE FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS. A PAPER COPY OF THE ASR IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CONTACTING THE OFFICE OF THE CLERY DIRECTOR LOCATED AT ONE UNIVERSITY CIRCLE, TURLOCK, CA 95382, OR BY CALLING 209-667-3572.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE