Under the supervision of the Assistant Director in the Financial Aid/Scholarship office, this position will perform varied administrative, clerical, and receptionist duties in support of day to day operations of the unit. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Communicates specific information to faculty, staff and students, parents, and the general public regarding Financial Aid and Scholarships procedures. Also, included are the student accounts, student loan programs, scholarships, all Title IV programs. Interprets and applied working knowledge of federal and state policies as well as institutional policies and procedures.
* Using knowledge of PeopleSoft navigation and scholarship database, inform student of current status. Maintain student financial aid applications via PeopleSoft to include recording the receipt of all application materials and documents.
* Distribution of all documents pertaining to Financial Aid and Scholarships as well as providing students with brochures, loan applications and website information.
* Works closely with financial aid advisors to resolve payout problems regarding individual student accounts.
* Process student’s financial aid requests via email or in person. Explain to students the status of their awards and the fees that their awards pay.
* Answer phone calls and route as appropriate or respond to general inquiry.
* Review incoming documents to verify status of student applications for financial aid. If application is complete, combine all documents with file to pass on to advisor to review eligibility and award. Sort and distribute mail. Daily preparation of outgoing interoffice mail. Filing, as required
* Maintain the updated forms/brochures at front desk and/or racks in the lobby
* Assists the Director with monitoring and notification of Satisfactory Academic Progress to students
* Coordinates and assigns the work of Student Assistants in order to assure phone and reception area have coverage.
* Assists the Director and/or advisors with verification of financial aid to off-campus agencies
* Assists the Financial Aid Advisors with general verification of financial aid files. Other duties as assigned.
* Some experience in an office environment.
* Completion of a high school program or its equivalent.
* Demonstrate experience with PeopleSoft financial aid module is highly desirable.
* Ability to quickly learn and apply complex Federal, State, and University regulations and policies.
* Previous related administrative support experience in a Financial Aid Office.
* Minimum full-time equivalent 2 years of administrative assistant experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of a Financial Aid office.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Experience to be proficient in performing most or all work assignments.
* General working knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
* Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices.
* Ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures. Able to identify deviations from applicable policies.
* Ability to effectively handle a multi-line phone system.
* Demonstrate fluency in using standard office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and navigation of database systems (including PeopleSoft)
* Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations such as students, parents, co-workers, and campus personnel in an educational environment.
* Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
* Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions.
* Work often involves front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills, thus demonstrate customer service skills are essential.
* Demonstrated competence in effectively presenting standard information in writing.
* Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
SALARY RANGE: $2,539 - $4,202 per month plus excellent paid benefits. (Position will typically be hired at or near the entry salary.) The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED. SCREENING OF APPLICATIONS BEGINS DECEMBER 20, 2017
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ? Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ? Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Belinda Garcia (209) 664-6589
A background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
PURSUANT TO THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT, THE ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT (ASR), IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING AT HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/ANNUAL-CAMPUS-SECURITY-REPORT. THE ASR CONTAINS THE CURRENT SECURITY AND SAFETY-RELATED POLICY STATEMENTS, EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND EVACUATION INFORMATION, CRIME PREVENTION AND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INFORMATION, AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL PREVENTION PROGRAMMING. THE ASR ALSO CONTAINS STATISTICS OF CLERY ACT CRIMES FOR STANISLAUS STATE FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS. A PAPER COPY OF THE ASR IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CONTACTING THE OFFICE OF THE CLERY DIRECTOR LOCATED AT ONE UNIVERSITY CIRCLE, TURLOCK, CA 95382, OR BY CALLING 209-667-3572.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.